I love macaroni and cheese, but I have never been able to make it where it comes out right. I have tried making baked mac & cheese, stove top mac & cheese, and slow cooker mac & cheese and I just have never been able to get it right. It tasted OK but there was always something missing from the flavor. But that is not a problem anymore! Now I can whip up a batch of delicious, cheesy macaroni and cheese whenever I want to and with very little effort!
And it is all thanks to this recipe I found on weelicious, where the secret ingredient is… a rice cooker! Yep, it turns out that cooking macaroni and cheese in a rice cooker works perfectly. And the flavor is just right, in fact it tastes baked! And from start to finish it only takes 30 minutes to prepare. I cannot say enough good things about the way this mac and cheese turned out. I will never make it from a box again!
I did make a few tweaks to her recipe, and it was sooooooo delicious! Enjoy!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%, some reviewers said 1% or skim milk doesn't work well)
- 1/4 cup velveeta cheese product
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your favorite flavor)
- Place pasta and broth in rice cooker and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the milk, velveeta, and shredded cheese and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Stir well and enjoy!