For day 17 I went the easy route and made meatball subs. This isn’t the sort of thing we normally eat so it was something easy and different. With only four ingredients and the use of fully cooked, frozen meatballs this meatball sub recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights. They would also be good to serve on game day!
- 1 Cup traditional pasta sauce
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Pound frozen fully cooked meatballs
- 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sub rolls
- Combine pasta sauce, water, and Parmesan cheese in large skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs and simmer on medium-low heat until meatballs are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon meatball mixture onto rolls and top with mozzarella cheese.