As promised, here it is! 15 more everyday uses for olive oil. If you missed the first 15 uses, be sure to check them out here. Without much ado, let’s get to it:
- Butter substitute: put olive oil in the fridge and it develops the same consistency as butter.
- Shaving cream: shaving with olive oil leaves your skin silky smooth and soothes sensitive skin.
- Acne treatment: mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with 4 tablespoons of salt and massage it on your face. Let it stand for a couple of minutes and then rinse off with warm, soapy water. Apply two to three times a week for clearer skin.
- Makeup remover: with a cotton swab, apply under eyes, on cheeks, and on forehead and then wipe with a damp cloth. Works well for those with sensitive skin.
- Dandruff shampoo: mixing olive oil and almond oil and placing on the scalp for five minutes helps to clear hair of dandruff.
- Makeup brush cleaner: mix olive oil with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid, apply to brushes and rinse.
- Paint remover (for skin): rub olive oil onto skin, let it soak a while, and then wash with soap. The paint will come right off.
- Hairball treatment (for cats): mixing a couple of teaspoons of olive oil with your cat’s canned cat food will help with those pesky hairballs as well as give him a shinier coat.
- Fingernail stain remover: add a few drops of lemon juice to olive oil and soak your fingers in the mixture for cleaner, stronger nails.
- Sunburn treatment: mix olive oil and with vinegar and apply before a warm bath to soothe and heal sunburn, as well as prevent peeling.
- Unstick a stuck zipper: using a q-tip, rub olive oil on the zipper teeth to get your zipper back on track.
- Skin toner: mix equal parts olive oil and water and apply to skin for firmer, toner skin.
- Stretch mark cream: combining equal parts coca butter and olive oil and applying to skin can help reduce stretch marks.
- Shoe shiner: dampen a soft cloth with olive oil and shine those shoes!
- Silence a squeaky door: simply lubricate the offending noise maker with a few drops of olive oil and enjoy the peace and quiet that follows.
So there you have it, 30 everyday uses for olive oil. But the benefits of olive oil go much further than just uses around the house … the proven health benefits of olive oil are reason enough to have it as a staple in your pantry. Adding olive oil to your daily diet is known to reduce the risk of heart attacks, reduce bad cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of stroke, lower the risk of coronary heart disease, and help prevent and fight breast cancer, to name a few.
For more uses and benefits of olive oil check out Robbins Family Farms’ 101 uses and benefits of Olive Oil.